These days, female attorneys make up for nearly a third of the total individuals practicing law in our country. If you have ever wondered about the advantages of hiring a female to take on your case, read the following exerpt taken from Halt.org:
Many people who have retained a female lawyer in cases of family law state that their lawyer’s gender was advantageous. They cited a number of reasons why:
- Firstly, women are hugely knowledgeable of the law. Even though they have been practicing law for the last one hundred years, they still get a lot of flack from the legal profession which is still very much male dominated.Women continue to be unfairly pressured both professionally and socially and are continually tested as regards to their knowledge, capabilities, their conduct and even their dress mode. This would not be tolerated by their male counterparts. Perhaps because of these challenges, only the best and most dedicated of women remain in the profession.
- When in court it is often the case that women family law attorneys show a better understanding of the law than the opposing male counsel. This could be due to the amount of effort and dedication it takes for women to compete with their male colleagues.
- Women are good listeners. Women attorneys generally take the time to get to know who their clients are and to try to understand them. Male attorneys are more likely to just carry out the regular duties of filling out the paperwork without really knowing what makes their clients tick. By virtue of this quality, female attorneys are more likely to learn some important information which will help them with their client’s case.
- The act of listening is also very helpful in that it will often make the client feel less stressed. Divorce and all the scary issues associated with it, child custody and financial loss, causes tremendous amounts of stress. Knowing that you have someone in charge who is prepared to listen to you can alleviate much of that stress.
- Women are socially skilled. The fact is that only 5% of divorce cases actually get to court. The majority of divorces are settled out of court by negotiation between both party’s lawyers. Women have more of a tendency to be social and amiable and manage to get along with other attorneys. This can be really important in reaching a fair and good settlement with their colleagues.
- Women have a better understanding of women. This can be an important issue, especially for male clients. In many divorces, communication between the spouses is a real problem and often the cause of the divorce. A female family lawyer can often be helpful in explaining to their male clients how their spouses are thinking and help them to understand the best way to arrive at a mutually agreeable outcome. A female attorney can also be useful in determining if, and when, a spouse is being dishonest or manipulative and can advise her male client when it is necessary to stand firm.
- Women have personal experience. Many female lawyers have been through divorce themselves or are the child of divorced parents. They understand what the worries are about financial security and change and the fears concerning child custody and support. This personal experience gives them the empathy needed to work hard for their clients and make sure that they receive a good settlement at the negotiating table or if the case goes to trial.
- Women introduce a softer touch. If a husband has retained a male lawyer and the case does go to trial it can often seem like all the men are against the woman. This is particular true if there are some difficult issues involved like drug abuse or unfaithfulness. Women attorneys can present the same issues but it may be perceived in a more favorable light by the judge and not seen primarily as a male attack. This can be helpful for the husband in ensuring that his case gets a fair hearing.
Spanish Speaking Car Accident Lawyer in Houston, Texas
Spanish-speaking individuals can have a more difficult time seeking justice in their personal injury cases due to language barriers. This causes them to not take action against those who have left them with financial devastation and physical trauma. At the Law Office of Beverly R. Caruthers, our team refuses to let a language barrier affect your right to justice and compensation. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident and is in need of Spanish-speaking legal advice, our team is here for you.
We make it easy for those who have been injured due to the actions of others to navigate the legal system in order to get the results they need to continue on in their lives. Schedule your no-obligation car accident consultation with Attorney Caruthers today. Our team will work with you every step of the way to ensure your needs are being met and that you are getting the treatment you deserve in your car accident case. Don’t hesitate, the sooner you call the more we can do to get you results.
Personal Injury Law Office in Houston, Texas
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury, experienced loss of income, or are unable to work due to a car accident, you can benefit from the services of a Houston car accident expert in your personal injury case. Whether you missed work due to an injury or due to not having access to a vehicle, Attorney Beverly R. Caruthers can help you!
Our team works hard to bring the most efficient and practical solutions to your car accident case. Beverly R. Caruthers proudly serves and defends the Greater Houston area including but not limited to Baytown, Conroe, Crosby, Humble, Huntsville, Lake Jackson, Missouri City, Pasadena, Spring, Tomball.
Beverly R Caruthers Law Office
Address: 4141 Southwest Fwy, Suite 620
Houston, TX 77027
Google Business Listing