If you have been involved in a car accident, talking to a car accident attorney can help you to determine if you have a case that you should pursue for compensation. When you schedule a free consultation with experienced car accident and personal injury attorney Beverly R. Caruthers, there are no surprise charges. She will go over the details of your car accident claim and let you know what legal action can be taken against insurance companies and the at-fault driver.
It is important to think about the big picture when filing a claim after a car accident. We work to help you get compensation for medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and other immediate needs. However, we also work to ensure your personal injury claim covers your future needs as well. This may include future physical therapy, inability to work the same job you used to, and more.
While it is always a good idea to speak with an attorney following a car accident some of the most important times to speak with a car accident attorney include:
- Long-Term or Permanently Disabling Injuries: Some car accidents result in injuries that significantly affect your physical capabilities or appearance for a long time — over a year — or even permanently. Figuring out how much such a serious injury is worth can be a difficult business. You’ll probably require some assistance from an experienced lawyer to get the most out of your claim.
- Severe Injuries: The amount of your accident compensation is mostly determined by how severe your injuries were. And the severity of your injuries is measured by the amount of your medical bills, the type of injuries you have, and the length of time it takes for you to recover. As the amount of your potential compensation increases, the range within which that compensation may fall becomes wider. In such cases, it may be worth the expense to have a lawyer handle your claim and make sure you receive compensation at the highest end of the range.
- When Multiple Drivers are At-Fault: If you are involved in a car accident that has multiple at-fault drivers, it is important to speak with an attorney. Finding fault for these accidents is more complex, especially if a police report fails to place blame on the correct parties. Speak to our team to learn more about filing a personal injury claim for an accident with multiple at-fault parties.
- Medical Malpractice: If you have suffered an injury or illness due to careless, unprofessional, or incompetent treatment at the hands of a doctor, nurse, hospital, clinic, laboratory, or other medical providers, both the medical questions and the legal rules involved are complex. They almost certainly require that you hire a lawyer experienced in medical malpractice cases.
- When an Insurance Company Refuses to Pay: In some instances, regardless of the nature of your injury or the amount of your medical bills and lost income, you will want to hire a lawyer because an insurance company or government agency simply refuses to make any fair settlement offer at all. In these cases, something — what the lawyer can get minus the fee charged to get it — is better than nothing.
There is no harm in speaking with a car accident attorney following an accident. Your attorney will be able to help you go over the details of your accident, the process of filing a claim, and ensure you are getting fair compensation for the injuries you have suffered. Do not fight for justice on your own, reach out to our law office today.
Spanish Speaking Car Accident Lawyer in Houston, Texas
Spanish-speaking individuals can have a more difficult time seeking justice in their personal injury cases due to language barriers. This causes them to not take action against those who have left them with financial devastation and physical trauma. At the Law Office of Beverly R. Caruthers, our team refuses to let a language barrier affect your right to justice and compensation. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident and is in need of Spanish-speaking legal advice, our team is here for you.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Houston, Texas
If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident and suffered an injury, experienced loss of income, or are unable to work due to a car accident, you can benefit from the services of a Houston car accident expert in your personal injury case. Whether you missed work due to an injury or due to not having access to a vehicle, Attorney Beverly R. Caruthers can help you!