Have you been involved in an accident and are unsure if hiring an attorney is the right move for you? In this article we will go over 3 signs you need a personal injury attorney.
- The Accident Caused You an Injury or Disability: If you were involved in an accident that was out of your control, that resulted in an injury or lifelong disability, hiring a personal injury attorney can help you. Our law firm does more than help you get compensation for your medical bills, we look into the total cost you injury has on you. This includes lost wages, pain and suffering, long term care, and lifestyle changes.
- Someone Else Was Specifically The Cause For Your Injury: Were you injured due to the reckless or negligent actions of another person? Experienced personal injury attorneys can help you to prove the at-fault party’s actions led to your injury. This can ensure you are given a settlement offer in your personal injury claim that can provide you with a fair amount of compensation. No amount of money can reverse the trauma you have experienced, however, it can help to remove additional stresses from the situation.
- Multiple Parties or A Business Entity Are The Cause For Your Injury: Accident injuries that are the result of a multiple people or a business are best left up to an experienced attorney. These cases are typically more complex due to the at-fault party having strong legal representation and the outcome of your case involving more money. Don’t risk having an insurance company deny your claim, instead reach out to the Law Office of Beverly R. Caruthers today.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury case can arise if an injury has occurred due to the negligent action of another party or parties. Below is a list of some of the most common types of personal injury cases that you should consider when deciding whether you should contact a personal injury lawyer in your matter.
- Vehicle Accidents — Car and motorcycle accidents are some of the most common personal injury cases and can also include injuries arising from the use of recreational style vehicles such as ATVs, dirt bikes, and go-carts.
Boating Accidents — In areas such as Florida, where boating is a popular pastime, accidents are common, and those involving watercrafts such as boats and jet skis can cause serious injuries.
Pedestrian/Bicycling Accident — Individuals injured while walking or bicycling along the road by other vehicles or due to improper maintenance of sidewalks or the streets may be entitled to compensation for any injuries obtained.
- Medical Malpractice — These are often complicated and challenging cases involving injuries resulting from improper medical care by a healthcare professional. These cases can be challenging due to the need to prove negligent actions were taken that directly resulted in your injuries. Although these cases may be challenging, you may still be entitled to compensation.
- Product Liability — Defective products or improper instructions for the use of a product can result in debilitating injuries to consumers who purchase or use these products. Manufacturers of these defective products, as well as distributors and sellers, may be liable for your injuries.
- Premises Liability- Some of the most common premises liability cases are slip and fall type accidents. However, any injury sustained as a result of improper maintenance or unsafe conditions while visiting a personal or commercial property can give rise to legal action against the negligent party.
- Workplace Injuries — If you have become ill or injured as a result of your duties at your workplace or while on the job, you may have a case for worker’s compensation.
- Intentional Acts — While intentional acts such as assault and battery are often criminal matters punishable through the court with jail or fines, the same intentional acts can give rise to a civil matter through personal injury law.
- Animal Attacks — If you have been attacked or bitten by a dog or other animal that is owned by an individual or entity, you may have a case for personal injury against the owner if the attack occurred as a result of their negligence.
- Neglect or Abuse in Care Facilities — If your loved one has been harmed due to negligence or abuse while in a care facility such as a licensed care home, assisted living facility, or nursing home, you may take action against the caregivers and providers.
- Wrongful Death — If your loved one was fatally injured as a result of others’ actions, you might have a legal action against those contributing to their death. The unexpected death of a loved one will often result in significant emotional and financial hardship on the surviving family.
If you have experienced any of the 3 signs you need a personal injury attorney, reach out to our office for a free consultation today.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Houston, Texas
If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident and suffered an injury, experienced loss of income, or are unable to work due to a car accident, you can benefit from the services of a Houston car accident expert in your personal injury case. Whether you missed work due to an injury or due to not having access to a vehicle, Attorney Beverly R. Caruthers can help you!
Beverly R Caruthers Law Office
Address: 4141 Southwest Fwy, Suite 620
Houston, TX 77027
View our Website
View our Facebook page
View our Google Listing