Have you been injured in a car accident that you were not driving in? Have you filed a passenger in car accident claim? We know how difficult it can be to navigate these situations whether it was a friend, partner, or a family member driving you, our personal injury attorney can help you.
What to Do Immediately After a Car Accident as an Injured Passenger
Getting immediate medical attention for yourself and others involved in the crash should always be your first priority after a car accident. But, after everyone is safe and the police are at the scene, you can take steps to help yourself get full compensation for your injuries. You’ll need to gather information and evidence for your car accident case, including:
- insurance information for any person and vehicle involved in the accident
- names and phone numbers of witnesses
- pictures of the accident scene
- pictures of your injuries, and
- a copy of the police report when it’s available.
You’ll also want to keep your own detailed records of:
- all medical treatment and bills you receive as a result of the accident
- lost earnings for accident-related time off of work
- transportation costs
- increased or new household expenses stemming from the accident, and
- costs associated with canceled trips or altered plants.
- The evidence you gather at the scene of the accident will help you prove who was at fault for the accident. The records you keep during the aftermath will help you prove your losses (“damages”).
Injured passengers have just as much reason to file a claim following a motor vehicle accident as the drivers. Contact personal injury lawyer, Beverly R. Caruthers, to learn more about the process of filing a claim and receiving compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Filing a Passenger Injury Insurance Claim
Injured passengers need to figure out who might be responsible (liable) for their accident-related losses. Options typically include one or more of the following:
- the drivers involved in the accident
- the owners of all cars involved in the accident if the owners are different from the drivers
- the employer of a driver if the driver was on company business at the time of the accident
- the parent of a minor driver involved in the accident
- anyone who contributed to the accident (like a jaywalking pedestrian), and
- your own auto and health care insurers.
Drivers and Car Owners
If you’re a passenger injured in a car accident, you might file a claim against:
- the liability insurance coverage of the driver or owner of the car you were riding in, and
- the liability coverage of the driver or owner of any other vehicle involved in the accident.
You can’t collect from both drivers and owners more than your claim is worth, but if one driver or owner is uninsured or underinsured you can make up the rest of your losses (called “damages”) from another. You might also rely on your own underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage (see below).
Spanish Speaking Car Accident Lawyer in Houston, Texas
Spanish-speaking individuals can have a more difficult time seeking justice in their personal injury cases due to language barriers. This causes them to not take action against those who have left them with financial devastation and physical trauma. At the Law Office of Beverly R. Caruthers, our team refuses to let a language barrier affect your right to justice and compensation. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident and is in need of Spanish-speaking legal advice, our team is here for you.
We make it easy for those who have been injured due to the actions of others to navigate the legal system in order to get the results they need to continue on in their lives. Schedule your no-obligation car accident consultation with Attorney Caruthers today. Our team will work with you every step of the way to ensure your needs are being met and that you are getting the treatment you deserve in your car accident case. Don’t hesitate, the sooner you call the more we can do to get you results.
Personal Injury Law Office in Houston, Texas
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury, experienced loss of income, or are unable to work due to a car accident, you can benefit from the services of a Houston car accident expert in your personal injury case. Whether you missed work due to an injury or due to not having access to a vehicle, Attorney Beverly R. Caruthers can help you!
Our team works hard to bring the most efficient and practical solutions to your car accident case. Beverly R. Caruthers proudly serves and defends the Greater Houston area including but not limited to Baytown, Conroe, Crosby, Humble, Huntsville, Lake Jackson, Missouri City, Pasadena, Spring, Tomball.
Beverly R Caruthers Law Office
Address: 4141 Southwest Fwy, Suite 620
Houston, TX 77027
View our Website
View our Facebook page
View our Google Listing